Fw: Types of Ignitions

The Punisher punisher454 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 19 20:39:59 GMT 2002

>Right on, The extra sparks are so late that they do little except keep the
>plugs clean. Retard your spark 10 deg. and see what happens to your power.
>I'd like to see someone build a CD that would "ring" the coil (set up a
>high frequency AC current) for about .005 sec. (5 deg. @ 6000 rpm).
>Probably take a lot of power, expensive components, and eat up those
>platinum plugs in 10K miles, but, hey, nothing's free.  Tom
>PS I want guarantees that the fire is lit.

I've been thinking about a system similar to what you just described. Youre
right, it will take alot of power to make it work right. I got the Idea
while thinking about how to go about building a high frequency arc
stabelizer to convert My old arc welder to tig. To do a cps this way would
be kinda expensive to build comaperd to a regular CDI or inductive system.
I'm going to experiment with it this summer. I'll post results.
Marvin Fugate