I may have lost it here

huw scourfield huw.scourfield at btinternet.com
Tue Feb 19 21:57:57 GMT 2002

Hi Bill, the tps signal is linear over degrees of throttle angle, airflow
through the throttle body is not. I would guess that the map signal is
linear over manifold depression, whether this is a linear indication of load
I really don't know-(I suspect it might be). Anyway, the chances of these
two curves agreeing are very unlikely to say the least! I would think it
should be possible with a pair or three of op-amps but personally I'd invest
some time in flash progammable pics, 16f874 etc.
This would take the tps as an input and allow you to use lookup tables to
convert to a suitable map signal-effectively a mappable system. Ideally it
would need some interpolation but with just one dimension this is pretty
easy. I've done some work with these pics and found them to be perfect and
cheap, even if it takes some time to get "into" them. Where in the UK are
you bye the way? If you decide to go this route let me know, I need an
excuse to restart my engine management system. Also this would have massive
potential for conversion of thousands of "Kevmobiles" in the UK.
    Huw