O2 sensor damage?

Brian brian at pop.net
Tue Feb 19 22:05:26 GMT 2002

Hello,
	I have built the Wideband O2 circuit ... and I was reading at :

http://www.aces.edu/~gparmer/efi/temp/wb/guide.html#dvm

and it says there:   "If the LED goes out for any reason, immediately
remove the sensor from the exhaust stream. The LED indicates the heater
is still warmed and active, a requirement to prevent damage to the
sensor."

Is this accurate?  How does this sensor survive in a Honda?  Is it
heated all the time?  I'm trying to troubleshoot my circuit and I'm sure
that it's been in the exhaust with the LED off before... so is it
screwed up now?

Thanks a lot!  This is a fun project (but I'd like to see mine working!)

Brian Davies