4017 guestion

bcroe at juno.com bcroe at juno.com
Tue Feb 19 22:05:53 GMT 2002

If you're running 5V power supply, I'd put in any HC
gate chip (HC04, 4 ma, HC244, 8ma) to buffer up to
more current.  Logic compatible.  The AC family will
do 24 ma.  For higher voltage use CD4049/4050 at
less current.

For unlimited amps with 5V use a logic N channel
FET (IRL540N), or any N channel for 12V.

Bruce Roe