O2 sensor damage?

bcroe at juno.com bcroe at juno.com
Thu Feb 21 08:56:17 GMT 2002

If you have warmed up the sensor enough to turn on the LED, you
are in good shape.  A slight drop in voltage (below 13.5V) may
caues the LED to drop out momentarily, but power is still applied
to the sensor heater.  No damage done.

On the other hand, a complete loss of power to the sensor heater
means it should be removed, before damage accumulates.

Bruce Roe