Adding a gas tank return

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Sat Jan 5 08:06:29 GMT 2002

William Shurvinton wrote:

> EFI conversions are very popular for us Lotus 7 & copies owners, and quite a
> few choose the route of keeping the carby tank and adding a swirl pot to
> feed the EFI pump. Main reason is that swirl pots are cheaper than modifying
> tanks for those of us who can't weld/live in mortal fear of going pop when
> working on tank.

Maybe I can reveal a secret for reducing the incidence of fear related heart
troubles among Lotus 7 (& copies) owners who are considering installing EFI.

If you have a MIG welder, then welding in the tank is no problem.  Run the line
from the shield gas (Argon?  CO2 mix?  Whatever you use..) into the tank and use
this to flush out the air before beginning welding.  Now the only thing to worry
about is "Did I let that run long enough?"

HTH

Shannen