Air temp sensor positioning

Chris Wilson chris at formula3.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Jan 7 20:04:42 GMT 2002

I am getting conflicting advice as to where I should place an air temp
sensor. Installation is Motec M800 in a Mazda 3rd gen twin turbo,
converted to single TO4E turbo. The stock sensor is in the plenum after
the throttle plates. Motec literature says before the throttle plates,
but after the I/C. Other sources have not concurred with either to any
great degree. Where should I place it, and for knowledges sake, why?

Thanks.

--
Best regards,
           Chris Wilson                          mailto:chris at formula3.freeserve.co.uk