Injector question

Dan Zorde dzorde at erggroup.com
Mon Jan 7 21:58:49 GMT 2002

Hi all,

Finally got the new sportsman 2 heads and cam (222 intake, 230 exhaust
@0.05") in my TPI 350, car runs much better now that it doesn't ping its
box off.  Anyway, I have a question regarding the injectors.

Two of them were replaced by the previous owner and look rather
different.  The normal style I'm used to is the pintle style injector
with the plastic cap on the end, these two are more like a hollow
cylinder with the needle seated way up in the cylinder (is this the
inverse conical Multec injectors ?).  From the looks of the port
cleanliness these two were much cleaner than the others with the pintle
injectors (obviously a much different spray pattern).  As I'm looking to
possible get new injectors at some stage, should I be looking for these
or stick to the pintle style ?

rgds

Dan  dzorde at erggroup.com