Advice requested for choosing aftermarket EFI system

William Shurvinton shurvinton at orange.net
Mon Jan 7 21:58:30 GMT 2002

Hrrm. Good question. My thoughts, based mainly on ignorance of the workings
of GM ECMs (something to do with distaff not letting me take her car apart
to improve it) was to use a 4-pot ECU for the leading spark. If the ECU was
designed to drive a dizzy as I believe some of the early ones were (?) this
should be ideal, as if my maths is correct it will provide a spark every
180° of crank rotation, which is what I need. IMHO wasted spark is good on a
rotary ( it is also possible that it just covers over poor carburation, but
net result is better)

Trailing is more of a problem. I know you don't beleive that trailing has
any power benefit, but I am stubborn and want to try it. Easiest would be to
run trailing through the dizzy and let that handle the distribution.

MAX RPM might be an issue, dunno if the stock units can be made to do 8000
RPM.

Other thing would be to fit a GM CAS.

Rgds

Bill