Advice requested for choosing aftermarket EFI system

K.T. karljiml at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 7 20:20:21 GMT 2002

In Dallas, there are a large number of WYs all lined up next to each other
on east Jefferson street. One outfit (Alstate) had several large boxes in a
back room, filled with pulled ECMs from all types of vehicles. Great find
if you know what you're looking for. Unfortunately I don't remember his
prices, and have misplaced my receipt, but $35 sounds like the right
ballpark. I haven't been down there for about a year, but could forward you
a bunch of phone numbers off-list. In Ft Worth, a bunch of WYs are lined up
on Mansfield Hwy. I've paid as low as $10 for ECMs (a supposedly defective
7730 purchased just for the MemCal, that turned out to work just fine.) If
you tell these guys when they write up the receipt, that you're buying as
is, no warrantee/exchange privilege, and leaving the country, they might
even give you a break on the price. Of course, with electronics, you're
taking your chances. ;-)