WBO2 Connector Group Purchase

NickG nikog at mediaone.net
Wed Jan 9 18:27:25 GMT 2002

I'm interested in obtaining some of these connectors, so I checked out the
webpage indicated below.  According to the webpage, the order being placed
is sufficient for 714 complete connector assemblies. If my math is correct,
that means each assembly costs ~$2.81.  I have to wonder then why the charge
is $4.00 per assembly?

I have no problem paying $20 to get a bunch of connectors and help the group
purchase happen. Heck, even at $4.00 per assembly it sounds like a good
deal. But with all the recent hoopla about the WBO2 being a non-profit
project, I'd expect to get 7 assemblies for that money (7 * $2.81 = $19.67)
instead of 5.

Is this pricing structure inline with what this project is about? Or am I
wrong and missing something here?

Thanks,
Nick