Hey my Chevy has Ford Rods !!!!!!

Daniel and Laura Burk ws6transam at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 9 18:26:50 GMT 2002

The piston is not necessarily moving "slower" per se. After all, it still has to
move 3.48 inches up and 3.48 inches down in the same amount of time. The piston
speed is a function of RPM and stroke.

The benefit of the longer rod is that the acceleration "rate of change" is lower
at TDC and BDC.  The piston's lower rate of acceleration change yields more
acceleration 'area under the curve'. Thus peak acceleration can be lower and
still yield the proper change in velocity that results in 3.48 inches of
displacement.

You'd probably find that piston velocity is HIGHER at the mid stroke point with
the longer rods, but at this point it doesnt really matter that much.

However, from what I read, I think you meant to say this. right?

--Daniel Burk