IR manifolds

The Punisher punisher454 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 16 08:31:28 GMT 2002

I have a question. What would happen if you had a large plenum box on top of
an "IR" type manifold. I'm talking like having the stacks terminate inside
the box(with the ends STILL flared out for good flow) with a large
throttlebody or two.

I have noticed on dyno sheets that IR manifolds Make more power than any
other NA setup, but only at the frequency (rpm) they are tuned for. will an
IR setup make the same power in such a configuration? hood clearance would
not be an issue in this app.

I was thinking about placing a parablic reflector in  the plenum top to
reflect the sound waves back down the runner. Naturaly the reflector
distance would have to be tuned to the runner length.

will this work?? and yes I already know the drawbacks of such a sharply
peaked power curve.