IR manifold question

The Punisher punisher454 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 16 20:16:30 GMT 2002

I am curious abouot something regarding IR type manifolds. What would happen
if the stacks terminated inside a large plenum box which would have the
throttlebody(probably a few) feeding the plenum instead of a butterfly in
each stack. Yes I realize this is basicly a tunnel ram now, but with longer
tubes that are flared on the ends (and now the whole thing can be adjusted
to different lengths to get the peak just right.

at part throttle I would think this setup would run like a TPI, but at WOT
(assuming I have enough airflow through the throttlebody) would the "ram
tuning" be as good like this? I also wonder if you could place a reflective
dish above each stack to reflect the sound wave straight back down the
runner. maby I need to get a book on 'harmonics'.
any input would be great. thank you.

Marvin Fugate   (The Punisher)