modifiying standard injection

Adrian R ajrgsr at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 16 21:17:26 GMT 2002

hello there... I'm new to the list, but it seems excellent

I have a question and it may seem strange, but My finances are not what I
would like and I have everything I need to turbocharge My 1994 Toyota
Corolla Sprinter EXCEPT a computer. Aftermarket computers are becoming
prohibitivly expensive (which is strange seeing as MOST aftermarket systems
are developed here)

I understand basic electronics and computers... I probably understand more
advanced ones too as long as I take the time to read it properly.

I was wondering how far the inputs on a factory computer can be modified and
by what means. I have seen simple variable pots do amazing things to factory
computers but I am not sure of the processes or how well factory computers
learn. I read an artical of a similar fit to what I want to do (on a
different car). The writer wrote about "re-learning" the computer by
disconnecting the O2 sensor and driving around (removing the computer's
ability to close loop) manually adjusting fuel mixtures to keep them
relativly correct using a simple circuit of pots to adjsut map sensor
inputs. The artical continues to say that after only a few days of normal
and hard driving, he was able to re-coonect the O2 sensor and the computer
continued to run the car as if it was its normal prgramming.

I have even considered building My own micro-fueller, running 1 or 2
injectors idependantly. I have a few ideas on how to do this but am still
investigating

any ideas, comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Please
contact Me directly at ajrgsr at hotmail.com as I can not garruntee getting to
the lists

thankyou

Adrian