Huge V8s

William Shurvinton shurvinton at orange.net
Thu Jan 17 22:44:38 GMT 2002

Heared of big blocks, but not BIG BLOCKS. My car doesn't weigh much more
than that thing will. Sometime I gotta visit colorado and see this beast.

Mind you, if you are ever in UK, I'll take you to brooklands to see the 27L
(1650") Napier railton. W12 aero engine. They run it up in the summer. It
holds the lap record, which can never be broken unless they demolish the
supermarket at one end of the circuit.

Now those were the days when men were men. No seatbelts, skinny tires, drum
brakes.

Gotta remember with us limeys that, Jags aside the 3.5 Buick was the biggest
engine around in general use (military excluded) and bored out to 5L (sorry
305") does 340BHP very nicely. (OK bentley do the 6.75 turbo, but you don't
find them lying around). Best thing we ever bought off you guys that engine.

Bill