Fuel Pressure and Pump?

Whit bigdog at netdog.com
Fri Jan 18 16:41:31 GMT 2002

I'm running an LT1 in my 89 Jeep cherokee and am having fuel pressure
problems.  I am wondering if the stock fuel pump will do the trick.  The
stock pump was meant to run FI on the Jeep at about 35 lbs.  After intalling
the motor it is still running about 35 lbs and I understand the LT1 is
supposed to run in the mid 40s. I bought a new regulator but my gut feel is
that the stock pump is either inadequate or it needs to be replaced.  Any
have exprerience here?  What are options here?  Can I run a second inline
pump?  If so, do I need the stock pump at all?

Thanks,
Whit