Throttle-by-Wire

Programmer nwester at eidnet.org
Sun Jan 20 00:24:57 GMT 2002

Ok...for the nit-picky folks out there, the Powerstroke is "drive by wire,or
accelerator by wire, or fuel by wire, or...". Either way you look at it,
there's no direct
link between injection pump and accelerator pedal.

So as my daughter would say ... "whatever" !!

Cadillac ran a ISC motor based on computer inputs...and this system alone
could put your car into the wall on an icy road if it malfunctioned. It
physically pushed the throttle linkage. I don't think you'd get me into a
TBW gas job without my steady hand on the key.

Lyndon