Throttle-by-Wire

Moofaloof at aol.com Moofaloof at aol.com
Sun Jan 20 01:41:38 GMT 2002

--part1_47.16cc8312.297b7a22_boundary

I'd be willing to bet that modern throttle by wire systems have some inhibits
in them.  Like they close the throttle when the brake is firmly depressed,
when out of gear, etc.  They may even have some protections that physically
connected systems do not.
Do you guys keep your hand on the key when the cruise control is engaged?
Its potentially a bigger liability than a well done throttle by wire system.

In a message dated 1/19/2002 7:27:28 PM Eastern Standard Time,
nwester at eidnet.org writes:

> physically pushed the throttle linkage. I don't think you'd get me into a
> TBW gas job without my steady hand on the key.
>
> Lyndon

--part1_47.16cc8312.297b7a22_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><BODY BGCOLOR="#ffffff"><FONT  COLOR="#0080c0" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="DECORATIVE" FACE="Tempus Sans ITC" LANG="0"><B>I'd be willing to bet that modern throttle by wire systems have some inhibits in them.&nbsp; Like they close the throttle when the brake is firmly depressed, when out of gear, etc.&nbsp; They may even have some protections that physically connected systems do not.<BR>
Do you guys keep your hand on the key when the cruise control is engaged?&nbsp; Its potentially a bigger liability than a well done throttle by wire system.<BR>
<BR>
In a message dated 1/19/2002 7:27:28 PM Eastern Standard Time, nwester at eidnet.org writes:<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"></B><BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">physically pushed the throttle linkage. I don't think you'd get me into a<BR>
TBW gas job without my steady hand on the key.<BR>
<BR>
Lyndon</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#0080c0" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="DECORATIVE" FACE="Tempus Sans ITC" LANG="0"><B><BR>
</B></FONT></HTML>
--part1_47.16cc8312.297b7a22_boundary--