Throttle-by-Wire

Terrible Ted poulson at frontiernet.net
Mon Jan 21 19:09:34 GMT 2002

Bosch ME fuel injection uses what is called a "slide" by Mercedes Benz guys.
VW and Audi and probably a bunch of other European makes, use a throttle
actuator (slide) instead of a cable. I know the manual trans. A4 VW VR6 cars
take a little getting used to. There is a delay between pedal position and
throttle position. A little scary if you're not expecting it.

Terrible Ted