Throttle-by-Wire

Asylist chevynova at peoplepc.com
Wed Jan 23 01:08:56 GMT 2002

> Traction control has to be the next best thing to EFI itself.
> Sounds like you just haven't been in a car that has a good system, is all.
> I had a system working in my car, and loved it.   The problem for the oems
> is that it's for dead heads.

All depends on what you do with the car.  I have yet to see any serious
racer or magazine test say they can get better track times (either road
course or drag) with TC turned on (not to mention it just not nearly as fun
to drive).  Same with ABS-there have been plenty of situations when I was
wishing I could turn the ABS off.  EFI has its faults too, not always the
solution.  Nonetheless, for the average driving public (especially the dolts
around here in the middle of winter) ABS and TC are truly great inventions.

Eric Klos, Chesterfield Twp, MI   www.geocities.com/asylist
1989 Saab 900, project car-goal 200HP naturally aspirated (in storage, bad
trans) "Saab-They're not for everyone"
1989 Pontiac Grand Am SE 2L Turbo (daily driver)
1986 Dodge Daytona Turbo Z with an NA motor :( parts car
as listed in my Livejournal interests-"beating up on V8s with my turbo 4
cylinder", :)