Throttle-by-Wire

Eric Clark eclark at hoser.com
Thu Jan 24 02:33:51 GMT 2002

On Tue, 22 Jan 2002, elcamino73 wrote:

> Fords will use the button more than most. I don't believe GM uses that
> methond.

Many (not all) GM cars with a manual transmission require you to push a
button to remove the key.  My '99 Corvette does not, but it has the lock
on the dash, and a solenoid engages the locking plate inside the column
when the key is removed (not just turned off).

The electronic column lock has been such trouble for GM that they recalled
almost all of them to fix the manual transmission cars, and they
completely eliminate the column lock on the automatic transmission cars.

Eric