Fwd: Throttle-by-Wire

Asylist chevynova at peoplepc.com
Thu Jan 24 04:43:38 GMT 2002

> OK, name the faults!.
> In all the systems you named they are disabled by 40 MPH.

I was unaware of the 40mph disable, but assuming thats true, that's a fault
right there.  So they're saying that I only need TC around town, but not on
a rain soaked freeway at 70mph?  Or a bare freeway in the middle of winter
where I might hit a patch of black ice at night?  And like I've said before,
wheelspin on the track can be helpful, as it keeps the momentum up. Some
people seem to have trouble grasping the fact that I've never said TC was
complete crap, of no use to anyone.  All I've ever tried to establish is
that TC is not for everyone in every situation.

Eric Klos, Chesterfield Twp, MI   www.geocities.com/asylist
1989 Saab 900, project car-goal 200HP naturally aspirated (in storage, bad
trans) "Saab-They're not for everyone"
1989 Pontiac Grand Am SE 2L Turbo (daily driver)
1986 Dodge Daytona Turbo Z with an NA motor :( parts car
as listed in my Livejournal interests-"beating up on V8s with my turbo 4
cylinder", :)