Fwd: Throttle-by-Wire

Bruce nacelp at bright.net
Thu Jan 24 05:07:56 GMT 2002

From: "Asylist" <chevynova at peoplepc.com>
Subject: RE: Fwd: Throttle-by-Wire
> > OK, name the faults!.
> > In all the systems you named they are disabled by 40 MPH.

> I was unaware of the 40mph disable, but assuming thats true, that's a
fault
> right there.

Why?.
how many stock engined cars are going to spin the tires during accleration
at 70?.

>  So they're saying that I only need TC around town, but not on
> a rain soaked freeway at 70mph?

Yep.
Again is wheeelspin thru accleration with a stock engine an issue at?.

> Or a bare freeway in the middle of winter
> where I might hit a patch of black ice at night?

In the total lack of traction, no traction control unit will work anyway.

> And like I've said before,
> wheelspin on the track can be helpful, as it keeps the momentum up.

Explain how.
Are you now switching tpoics to race cars?.

> Some
> people seem to have trouble grasping the fact that I've never said TC was
> complete crap, of no use to anyone.  All I've ever tried to establish is
> that TC is not for everyone in every situation.

I'mjust trying to get to the actual *truths* in what you are saying.
Having missed the 40 MPH shut off, is missing a rather inportant part of the
overall strategy.  Worring about traction in a none traction event is
meaningless in my opinion
Bruce