How many O2 sensors?

Bruce nacelp at bright.net
Thu Jan 24 20:51:01 GMT 2002

From: "Kooser, Jacob" <jake_kooser at mtnsat.com>
Subject: RE: How many O2 sensors?
> Bruce, are you using anything to display the o2 reading, or do you just
use plug cuts for >tuning / monitoring?

The oem feeds the ecm, and the second is a DIY WD that displays to a DVM.

> The nordskog unit is a pricey guess-o-meter, could I get better results
from an LED >display, or with a meter?

The sensor they use is junk, basing any results on that is just basing bad
info on bad info.  To read above or below 14.7 with any accuracy takes a WB
O2.

>Also, I see that there are many different o2 sensors on the chart
(http://www.diy-efi.org/gmecm/component_info/o2_sensors.html), I'll be
running a speed density TPI >system, not sure of the ECM yet - still have my
homework to do, and full-length >headers.  Which one is best for my
application, or is it really going to depend on what >ECM I have?  I think
it's probably going to have to be a heated one due to the length of >the
headers.
> Jake Kooser

Using a good heated one is always a good idea.
Bruce