DIY WB questions

cypress cypress at telia.com
Thu Jan 24 21:37:58 GMT 2002

Hi

Just received the DIY WB cards (USA fabricated) and they're looking good.
It will be used to tune a 4-cyl 1.8 liter engine running at 1.4 bar (22psi) boost using a MegaSquirt as additional injector controller.
I'm planning to check the lamda values before increasing the boost (and making quite a lot of other changes too) with the DIY WB and then try to stay at those values, or a little richer, after the tuning. I'm aiming for 250-280 HP.

I have some newbie questions though. Some might have been answered before but I can't find them and for us newbies it's good with some repetition.

So..

* Is there any need for calibration ?

* What kind of accuracy can be expected, I know it's not a lab-grade meter but some ballpark figures would be great.

* How sensitive is it with regards to placement (exhaust temp) ? and where is the best place to put it ? My current (narrowband) sensor is placed approx. 1.5 meters after the turbo, is this to far ?.

And of course thanks to all who contributed to this.

/Dea

Sweden