EFI motorcycle

Clint Corbin ccorbin at spinn.net
Tue Jan 29 07:57:25 GMT 2002

Vern,

The only reason the new bikes are going to EFI has nothing to do with
power.  It is emissions.  On a race bike, you can jet the thing for maximum
power without worrying about pissing off the EPA.  I would be very suprised
if you got ANY additional power with EFI on a bike vs. a properly set up
set of carbs.  To find parts for this, it would be easiest to find a
trashed fuel injected production bike and steal a few parts such as the
throttle bodies (if possible), the injectors, fuel pumps, etc.  As for
cost, I have NO idea.

Clint