Propane vs diesel and Diesel WITH Propane

Ron Schroeder rjs at bnl.gov
Tue Jan 29 18:49:46 GMT 2002

Hi,

I would go with a Diesel with Propane fumigation.  You want a propane
injection system that allows propane fumigation while cruising, not just
heavy throttle.  The propane reduces pollution, increases power AND improves
fuel economy.

On my old Isuzu diesel, I got about 8% longer rang with 9 gallons of diesel
and one gallon of propane than I did with 10 gallons of diesel alone.

To keep this compleatly on topic, I am thinking of using a Megasquirt as a
propane injection controller with the TPS going into both the MAP input and
the TPS input so propane flow is based primarily on diesel flow not engine
load.

Ron Schroeder
WD8CDH
day 631 344-4561