MegaSquirt and GNU

steve ravet sravet at arm.com
Thu Jan 31 22:44:47 GMT 2002

Sorry, I had one additional comment:

Bruce Bowling wrote:
> Trust me - aftermarket manufacturers know about MegaSquirt, and I would not
> be surprised if we start seeing inexpensive EFI systems (of their own
> design) showing up from them by the end of the year - this is a tremendous
> market. When this happens, then we all win, and the MS system has
> vindicated its existence.

This is a tremendous advantage of freely available software/projects
also.  Believe me, Microsoft paid attention when Burlington Coat Factory
opted to buy thousands of PCs with Linux installed because they thought
the total cost of ownership would be cheaper than Windows.  When
commercial products become cheaper and better because of freely
available alternatives then everyone wins.

--steve

--
Steve Ravet
steve.ravet at arm.com