[Diy_efi] Ion Sensing project

Brian Michalk michalk at awpi.com
Wed Jul 3 19:17:51 GMT 2002

That is excellent stuff.

Could this be used to detect knock?  I assume it could be done by sampling
in the 100Khz range.  Just look for a sinewave that would change frequency
based on gas density and cylinder volume.

I assume this could be calibrated for absolute pressure readings as well?
If that could be done, then a realtime horsepower could be calculated.