[Diy_efi] Ion Sensing project

Ville Vartiovaara vvartiov at cc.hut.fi
Wed Jul 3 22:10:05 GMT 2002

> Terve Ville,
>
> I have some MSD patents somewhere in my files that I can look at to see what
> the recharge voltages are. I'll see if I can dig something up tonight

That'd be nice, as the fact remains that the higher the inonizing voltage
the more clear the pressure curve, until the voltage is so high that it
is able to continue keeping the arc path open after the ignition is over.

The most important is to know the voltage at which the plug is kept when
the cap is already discharged and the spark is being maintained by a
_lower_ (much lower than the actual ign. voltage) voltage fed by an
external circuit. We could then consider e.g. half of that voltage to be
useful for ion sensing..

p.s. Nice to hear some Finnish on the net, too..;)