[Diy_efi] Ion Sensing project

Bruce nacelp at bright.net
Thu Jul 4 14:05:40 GMT 2002

Seems like most of this is self defeating.
You want a long duration spark to get the reaction, as complete as possible.
Sacrificng spark for detonation detection just doesn't seem like the best
solution, to me.
The reason for CDIs is because you run out of dwell time for a proper spark
with a auto transformer.   If you're not running a v8 at over 6K RPM there
is no NEED for CDI.   You can do better ignition wise with DIS or CNP.

Might be why GM has some paper on post chamber ion detection.
Bruce