[Diy_efi] IAC Motor Question...

Ne14RoxCJ at aol.com Ne14RoxCJ at aol.com
Thu Jul 4 15:14:44 GMT 2002

--part1_10.213b9a5f.2a55c043_boundary

Hello all, I'm new to the list and am working on a TBI setup in an '85 K-5
Blazer. Should be simple, but I had to go and make it complicated. I'm using
an old Pro-Jection TB that never had an IAC motor (just the casting for one).
I chose the flange type IAC for ease of machining. The '747 harness I got was
for the threaded type IAC. The problem I have is with the connectors. The
flange type uses a 4-pin Metri-Pack and the threaded type uses a square 4-pin
Weather-Pack. The connectors have the same color wires (green/black,
green/white, blue/black, blue/white), but they are in different positions. So
do I match the wire colors or the positions (A,B,C, and D)?? Someone please
help, as burning up an ECM would not be a good start for me.

Thanks in advance,
Beau Blankenship

--part1_10.213b9a5f.2a55c043_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>Hello all, I'm new to the list and am working on a TBI setup in an '85 K-5 Blazer. Should be simple, but I had to go and make it complicated. I'm using an old Pro-Jection TB that never had an IAC motor (just the casting for one). I chose the flange type IAC for ease of machining. The '747 harness I got was for the threaded type IAC. The problem I have is with the connectors. The flange type uses a 4-pin Metri-Pack and the threaded type uses a square 4-pin Weather-Pack. The connectors have the same color wires (green/black, green/white, blue/black, blue/white), but they are in different positions. So do I match the wire colors or the positions (A,B,C, and D)?? Someone please help, as burning up an ECM would not be a good start for me.
<BR>
<BR>Thanks in advance,
<BR>Beau Blankenship</FONT></HTML>

--part1_10.213b9a5f.2a55c043_boundary--