[Diy_efi] TCC control

Ne14RoxCJ at aol.com Ne14RoxCJ at aol.com
Thu Jul 4 21:56:11 GMT 2002

--part1_68.22815c84.2a561d9f_boundary

what kind of mods have to be done in the '85 valve body to control it with
the ECM? I know the 4-3 downshift switch must be removed because that is a
function of the ECM (through delta TPS% ?). What about the plugs they (GM)
installed in place of the TV sleve and the TCC shift valve. Will I need to
install the aluminium plugs? These mods are why I decided on the old style
control. But, you seem to have some experience with both. I'm split between
the simplicity of the old style and the adjustability of the ECM control. I'm
running a Comp 4X4 Xtreme cam (218int/226ex w/111 lobe sep.) Will that cam
cause the vac. switch to search, like you described? I'm a few days from
starting the truck and in the middle of the EFI wiring. I'm on a time limit,
but I want to do it right the first time. So any experience shared would be
greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

Beau

P.S.  any ideas on what EPROM mods to start out with would be a real help.
Considering the above cam, Pro-jection TB w/85 PPH injectors, pre-'95 heads
(68cc) with pocket porting, Edelbrock Performer intake. I have a few stock
.bin's already burned in hopes that one will at least get me started. I also
have a scan tool and an EPROM burner to help with the task. But, professional
advise is always welcomed.

--part1_68.22815c84.2a561d9f_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>what kind of mods have to be done in the '85 valve body to control it with the ECM? I know the 4-3 downshift switch must be removed because that is a function of the ECM (through delta TPS% ?). What about the plugs they (GM) installed in place of the TV sleve and the TCC shift valve. Will I need to install the aluminium plugs? These mods are why I decided on the old style control. But, you seem to have some experience with both. I'm split between the simplicity of the old style and the adjustability of the ECM control. I'm running a Comp 4X4 Xtreme cam (218int/226ex w/111 lobe sep.) Will that cam cause the vac. switch to search, like you described? I'm a few days from starting the truck and in the middle of the EFI wiring. I'm on a time limit, but I want to do it right the first time. So any experience shared would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.
<BR>
<BR>Beau
<BR>
<BR>P.S. &nbsp;any ideas on what EPROM mods to start out with would be a real help. Considering the above cam, Pro-jection TB w/85 PPH injectors, pre-'95 heads (68cc) with pocket porting, Edelbrock Performer intake. I have a few stock .bin's already burned in hopes that one will at least get me started. I also have a scan tool and an EPROM burner to help with the task. But, professional advise is always welcomed.</FONT></HTML>

--part1_68.22815c84.2a561d9f_boundary--