[Diy_efi] TCC control

Bruce nacelp at bright.net
Thu Jul 4 23:05:35 GMT 2002

There is no way I know of to convert a 700R4 to ECM (actually it would be
PCM) control.  The best thing to do with an early 700R4 is set it to the
side, and get a later one with the remote secondary valve body.   The only
ecm, tranny relationship is that of the TCC control (that I've seen).   The
4L6E is a whole new kettle of fish.   For the unltimate in tranny control
youo'd want a 4L6E or 4L8E, and then use someting like a 8051 PCM to control
it.
   While some have had good fortune with a L-U TCC, and a 700R4, my best
experience has been going non L-U.
Bruce