[Diy_efi] Ion Sensing project-

AnalogWz at aol.com AnalogWz at aol.com
Fri Jul 5 17:13:25 GMT 2002

--part1_120.12b65a86.2a572d2e_boundary

After Ignition, assuming constant current, wouldn't the voltage be
proportional to the no. of ions in the gap? Does combustion blow-out the arc?
The spark voltage waveforms I've seen have a fast rise to the arc voltage
followed by a jagged, distorted, stepped, exponential fall. It may too hard
to interpret. Oh well, just an idea.

Yes, the first arc voltage is pressure sensitive, if that helps.

How about a "strain gauge head-bolt washer" to directly measure cyl pressure?

Jim

--part1_120.12b65a86.2a572d2e_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">After Ignition, assuming constant current, wouldn't the voltage be proportional to the no. of ions in the gap? Does combustion blow-out the arc? The spark voltage waveforms I've seen have a fast rise to the arc voltage followed by a jagged, distorted, stepped, exponential fall. It may too hard to interpret. Oh well, just an idea. <BR>
<BR>
Yes, the first arc voltage is pressure sensitive, if that helps.<BR>
<BR>
How about a "strain gauge head-bolt washer" to directly measure cyl pressure?<BR>
<BR>
Jim</FONT></HTML>

--part1_120.12b65a86.2a572d2e_boundary--