[Diy_efi] Re: Toyota bins

Jeremy Gonyou jeremygonyou at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 9 16:03:52 GMT 2002

> I'd like to decode some (two) Toyota bins.  I have
> an '87 Celica and a
> pickup.

Do you already have the data?  If so I'd love to see
it.  I have 87 Supra that I'd like to tear into, but
I'm not sure that hacking the stock ECU is the route I
want to take...

> Is there a site for Toyota hacking?

Sonic has some info, but they want to sell you a
complete package for like $1300.  For that price,
might as well go aftermarket or convert to GMECM...

http://www.supras.com/~riemer/sonictech/techtom/

I've also heard there was some info here, but my
Japanese is rusty:

http://lillith.sk.tsukuba.ac.jp/~kashima/

> What CPU do they usually use?

Nope, you could crack the case, though.

> Does anyone know of a disassembler?

It looks like they don't have external memory.  Which
is why I'm curious about your bins.  I'm guessing you
have schlock and are hoping for a bone.  Yup, me
too...
I think time would be better spent on a GMECM
conversion...

> Is there a good source of schematics with connector
> pins?

There's the online manual for the supra here, don't
know if they're the same as the celicas:
http://www.cygnusx1.net/supra/library/TSRM/in/IN_01.html

Jeremy