[Diy_efi] IsoPod (was Getting Started...)

Phil Hunter diy-efi at t-n-e.com
Thu Jul 11 15:55:22 GMT 2002

[...]
> Which one should I go with?

A lot of factors go into choosing a micro, familiarity, wants and needs
of other users besides yourself?, rapid prototyping, features, cost,
speed, etc.

I have yet to play w/ an Atmel, but I have some familiarity w/ Stamps,
PICs, and 68XX, I'd say generalize rather than specialize, play w/ all
of them if you can. Education costs time and money.

A free Basic compiler is available for the AVRs, I posted the URL
previously.

Lots of general how-to info in Nuts-n-Volts magazine.

Something called "IsoPod" has been recently announced. Lotsa interesting
features, 1.2" x 3" board, about 1/2 that is I/O pins! Claims to be
20X faster than BS2SX. Of note for the list is a CAN 2.0 A/B Bus,
whateverthatis but folks seem to be looking for it. Programming
languages are Forth, Basic, C, and IsoMax (assembler?). $100.
http://www.newmicros.com

regards,
philh
(digest)