[Diy_efi] Re: diywb tests

Phil Hunter diy-efi at t-n-e.com
Thu Jul 11 16:32:35 GMT 2002

> hi,
> I just completed my diy-wb! it was my first time soldering a circuit, it
> was actually pretty fun and i learned quite a bit. Thanks to everyone
> that made it possible!
>
> All the tests passed except the last one (using a 220ohm) i got the
> start and final voltages right, but it only takes 40 seconds instead of
> a minute & 15sec. should i be concerned? what could be wrong?
>
> -nigel.

I didn't see a reply, perhaps due to the distracting, um, "discussion"
going on over on the efi-332 list among the experts, so I'll take a stab
at it, but I won't claim expertise w/ the circuit. My intuition is
you're
okay, I think the RC curve is set in the Heater control circuit, as the
start and ending voltages get closer together, the time it takes will be
shorter altho' I wouldn't expect 50% shorter. If you've put any 15 ohm
resistors across the 1 ohm, you might remove them one at a time and
retest.

BTW, congrats on having the guts to give it a go, glad to hear it.

regards,
philh
(digest)