[Diy_efi] DIY_WB and stand alone ems

Bruce nacelp at bright.net
Thu Jul 11 17:29:46 GMT 2002

   First Off, I'm not at all to the stage of supporting any C/L loop WOT
fuel controls.  So call me what ever names you want on that issue.   But, at
this stage of the game, I'd want some redundancy in the system.  Using an
Acoustic Knock sensor at this stage is hardly enough to protect an expensive
engine.
   As been said many times before the DIY-WB is designed as a tuning aid.
Nothing more.  I would much rather see someone error on the side of caution
then get into a bad situation.   If you're going to run a system, that does
C/L, then use the entire system.  After all it's all engineered to to work
together.  Who knows what little (or large) tweaks there are in the way they
designed their system.
YMMV
Bruce