[Diy_efi] DIY_WB and stand alone ems

Jurgen Hartwig jhartwig at midsouth.rr.com
Thu Jul 11 19:16:20 GMT 2002

>    First Off, I'm not at all to the stage of supporting any C/L loop WOT
> fuel controls.  So call me what ever names you want on that issue.   But,
at
> this stage of the game, I'd want some redundancy in the system.  Using an
> Acoustic Knock sensor at this stage is hardly enough to protect an
expensive
> engine.

As I recall, the context of the original post was in regards to using the
WBO2 system with the Autotune function of the Autronic and DTA.  I don't
know about the DTA system, but the Autronic ECU only uses the input of the
WB sensor during tuning to alter the fueling maps to reflect the desired
AFR.  The Autronic does NOT run closed loop full-time.  After one has the
fuel maps to their satisfaction, you simply disconnect the wideband setup,
and you may run 100% open loop.  In fact, I don't think you can even run
closed loop WB.

To me, this is a good application for the DIY-WB system.  Absolute accuracy
notwithstanding, if DIY-WB can't give credible output for that function, it
really isn't worthy for any other use, in my opinion.

Jorgen, I'd like to see any work you have for interfacing the DIY-WB with
the Autronic.  Autronic aside, I'd still like to learn more about how to
massage the output of the DIY-WB.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
jay