[Diy_efi] DIY_WB and stand alone ems

William Shurvinton shurvinton at orange.net
Thu Jul 11 19:41:54 GMT 2002

Thing is, to run open loop, you have to have a closed loop calibration
somewhere, be it the way some GM appears to do it by guessing an AFR then
adding a bit for good luck or you hop onto a dyno. Without feedback you
cannot baseline an open loop performance. Unless you add fuel until it bogs
and then lean off a step, which doesn't really seem a good solution.

I hope it is not too contentious to say that a properly operated dyno is a
very good method of getting WOT right?

Now if you are going to put all your trust in what you have in your garage
then yes, caution is vital. Computers are a really good way of destroying
engines if told to do the wrong thing.

Bill