[Diy_efi] Microcontrollers For use on DIY_EFI Systems

Matt Donohoe donohoem at iprimus.com.au
Tue Jul 16 13:10:33 GMT 2002

Hi Guys,

I've been developing with the Motorola 68HC11 but it's dated(as you all know
by now)

I'm looking for something newer, it need not have SRAM or anythin fancy, but
a SRAM interface would be nice or a fair amount of ram so that tables can be
loaded into somethin easy to access the modified on the fly...

It really needs 1-2 Input Capture ports(configurable for rising or trailing
edges, I prefer not to use Interrupts) as well as 2-3 Output capture ports
with 16 bit counters and a 16 bit internal free running clock. The 16 bit
output capture ports to do spark and the 16 bit internal clock to count
between Crank Angle pulses to determine a few other things... A A/D
converter and a fair few IO ports would be nice but I know that a 82C55 will
expand the I/O ports...

Please supply part numbers, it's preferable to get something like a Atmel or
something easy to program and get a hold of... A high MIPS rate would be
excellent as it will leave a fair bit of overhead, also, as a bit of
background I program in Assembly(thats how i was taught and I dont know C so
i'll sound old and say i'm affraid of something i dont know)

Thanks guys, hope to talk to you about a running project in a bit...

Matt Donohoe
donohoem at iprimus.com.au