[Diy_efi] Microcontrollers For use on DIY_EFI Systems

Tom Leser tleser at purdue.edu
Tue Jul 16 13:33:58 GMT 2002

Hi Matt.  I just finished a summer version of EET 309 where we learned the
AVR architecture and developed applications with a mega163 micro along with
the prllc.com development board.  However the ATmega323 micro has twice the
EEPROM (1K), twice the SRAM (2K) and 1 extra PWM (4) then the 163.  You can
request samples off of atmel's website as well.  However when you're using
the ICP's the other periperhal's on that Timer are harder to make use of,
and it's very easy to use one of the ext. INT's as an input capture by using
Timer 0 as the ticks to count between either your rising or falling edge,
and when one occurs, you just set the MCUCR register to trigger on the other
edge and that's it!  About the same as using ICP of Timer 1.  If you are
thinking of using an RTOS lemme know since we worked with one in the class
and it supports 20 tasks.

Tom