[Diy_efi] I need to rectify a low ac voltage.

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Mon Jul 22 02:09:40 GMT 2002

J=F6rgen Karlsson tapped away at the keyboard with:

> I need to measure an AC voltage in the 50-500mV range with a micro
> controller. This is for reading the impendance of the sense cell
> in a bosch LSU (or NTK UEGO) sensor.

How about biasing the cell by 500mV in one direction? You probably
have a floating ground already. That would eliminate the
rectification requirement.

> Can anyone please help me to rectify and filter the signal, I
> can't come up with a good way to do this.

I don't know why you'd want to filter the signal externally if
you're using a uC. It doesn't change that quickly. The ADC will
latch onto the signal at the start of conversion and will maintain
that sample voltage until you initiate the next one. If you sample
frequently, then you can also filter digitally to remove glitches,
etc..

--=20