[Diy_efi] EMS inputs/output?

Richard M richm at ntlworld.com
Fri Jul 26 12:51:01 GMT 2002

Bruce,
You are always banging on about 'DIY' and the importance of doing things for
ourselves etc.... so give the guy some encouragement.. I did my own ECM some
years ago, and compared to a 'oem' it was much simpler and usefully so IMO.
The oem's have to include loads of stuff that is not used to directly
control the particular engine it is fitted to, they have to cover a
multitude of issues relating to emmissions, diagnostics and manufacturing
spread, which are not so important in a system intended for a much narrower
useage.
So Alex, just go ahead and give it a go, and good luck - you will learn a
lot that way..
Regards
Rich