[Diy_efi] EMS inputs/output?

Bruce nacelp at bright.net
Fri Jul 26 13:07:05 GMT 2002

I did!.
Who else better to learn from then someone that's spent millions getting
things right.   It's better then having you own teaching staff at you
disposal.   Building an ecm bench and seeing how the pros do it, is an
important step, IMO.
   Yes, building an ecm is a grand thing, and you can bare bones it, and
have a decent system.  By why not learn as much as possible, before hand?.
   If you want the basics, well just string a few 555s together, and an
injector driver.
   For someone starting off without knowing what would seemingly be basic
guestions, then looking at and understanding what an oem does, is a mavelous
start, and depending on that guage where and how far you want to go.  But,
to say I want to do an ecm from scratch in a year, is a huge job, assuming
you're doing college level work vs stringing some 555s together.
   These guys that write code at GM, are really good, and have made careers
out of engine management systems.
Bruce