[Diy_efi] diff. bet regular and automotive standard wires?

Ron Schroeder rjs at bnl.gov
Fri Jul 26 13:08:16 GMT 2002

Hi Eric,

No real easy solution.  Most ring terminal barrels are open on both ends.
The polyolefin heat shrink tube with the adhesive layer will only seal the
end that the wire goes in.  You could also dip the end of the wire in
dielectric grease before crimping.  I don't recommend soldering to the ring
terminal since that will make the connection much more prone to braking from
vibration.

Ron Schroeder
WD8CDH
day 631 344-4561