[Diy_efi] DIY-EFI References

Jaume Folch i Mola jfolch at el.ub.es
Sun Jul 28 14:57:03 GMT 2002

Dear Mr Wilcutts,

I am a PhD student who is working in gas sensors for automotive and
environmental use, and I am constructing a timeline of the main
environmental events and technological advances to solve those problems.

I arrived and took a look to your web page. I am looking for a reference
where is explained that the first fuel (or air) injection systems mounted
commercially on cars were in 1970.

Maybe the following reference has this data:
Lenz, D.H.P., Mixture Formation in Spark-Ignition Engines, SAE, Warrendale,
PA, ISBN 1-56091-188-3, 1992. You said on it "Some important data on
emissions (pp. 70-74, 249-251) with description of trends over years."

The other one I (following your comments on the web) would guess it may
content comments on the first commercialized injection system is:

Norbye, Jan P., Automotive Fuel Injection Systems, A Technical Guide,
Motorbooks International, Osceola, Wisconsin, 1981, ISBN 0-87938-139-6.

Could you give me futher help on that data?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Jaume

Jaume Folch i Mola
jfolch at el.ub.es