[Diy_efi] Spark Plug readings

Brian Renegar thomas.renegar at nist.gov
Mon Jul 29 18:50:15 GMT 2002

Uhh.  This is completely opposite of what I expected you guys to say.  I
thought it was running super rich.  The plugs are black like carbon.  The
fuel tables are set for very rich (about 10.8:1 commanded A/F ratio).  And
I accidentally had the MAF transfer curve entered wrong (reporting too much
air).  So I figured I fouled the plugs by running real rich.  I also have
the timing backed off some to be on the safe side.

BTW, this is a 5.0L V8, twin turbo'd, running 9# of boost, on 93
octane.  For all of the detailed specs, go
here:  http://www.twinturbostang.com/mods.html

My wideband is together now though.  So hopefully that will shed some light
on the issue.

Brian